Contact Us (518) 587-4419


Sometimes even well-intentioned judges or organizations do not make the correct decisions. If you are unhappy with the result of a family law or criminal trial, or seek to overturn an “indicated” finding by Child Protective Services, you have the legal remedy of appealing that decision. Time is important, so it is important to start discussing any appeals as soon as possible.

Elena Jaffe Tastensen has represented clients in family and criminal appeals in the Supreme Court Appellate Division, Third Department. She has also represented clients seeking to overturn an “indicated” finding by CPS to the Office of Children and Family Services in Albany, as well as representing many criminal defendants in administrative appeals to the New York State Board of Parole. There are usually very strict deadlines in place under the law to appeal a decision in any kind of case. You need an experienced attorney to represent your legal interests before that time runs out.

If you would like more information about our Appeal services, please call (518) 587 – 4419, or fill out our contact form.